Physical Modeling Vocal Designer
Throat is a revolutionary plug-in that lets you process your vocals through a meticulously crafted physical model of the human vocal tract, so you can literally design your own vocal sound. Though designed to allow subtle modifications in vocal quality, the range of controls also allows for vocal tract models well beyond the limits of physical human anatomy, offering the possibility of vocal characteristics that are unattainable in the real world. Throat’s controls allow you to modify the voice’s glottal waveform as well as globally stretch, shorten, widen or constrict the modeled vocal tract. For detailed control of the vocal sound, the graphical throat shaping display allows you to individually adjust the position and width of five points in the vocal tract model, from the vocal cords, through the throat, mouth, and lips. The breathiness controls let you add variable frequency noise to the model, for a wide range of vocal effects. Throat also allows you to pitch shift a voice up or down as much as an octave to create a range of alternative vocal characters. Whether you want to subtly enhance the quality of an existing voice, or create dramatically unique vocal effects, Throat gives you an unprecedented amount of control over the human voice.
version: macOS 10.14 to 11.x
additional_requirements: Pro Tools 2018.1 or later. A compatible VST host program that supports the VST3 format. A compatible DAW that supports the AU format.
version: Windows 10
additional_requirements: Pro Tools 2018.1 or later. A compatible DAW that supports the VST3 format.
- Model Throat Controls let you stretch, shorten, widen or constrict the overall dimensions of the modeled vocal tract.
- Graphic Throat Shaping Display lets you individually adjust the position and width of five points in the vocal tract model, from the vocal cords, through the throat, mouth, and lips.
- Breathiness Controls let you add variable frequency noise to the model, for a wide range of vocal effects from subtle breathiness, to raspiness, to a full whisper.
- Model Glottal Controls let you specify the character and intensity of the glottal waveform produced by the vocal cords.
- Pitch control, you can shift the pitch of your vocal up or down a full octave in semitone intervals, with automatic formant correction.
- VST3, AAX, AU, Mac OS & Windows compatible